2. Place film between the seal bars and depress handle. The light will go on for the
preset period of time (approximately 1/2 second) and will go off automatically. Wait at
least two seconds before lifting handle to remove the sealed film. The rubber pressure
pad must remain in contact with the film during this period.
3. If seal is not satisfactory:
(a) Set to a lower number, if film is melted.
(b) Set to a higher number, if seal is not strong enough.
(c) If film tends to stick, apply a light coat of Silcone Oil to Teflon Cover and Pressure Pad
4. To maximize the life of the nichrome seal element and teflon, always use as low a time
setting as possible that will produce an acceptable seal.*
IF OPERATOR IS SEALING A BAG SHORTER THAN THE LENGTH OF THE BAR, HE MUST
MAKE SURE THAT THE HANDLE IS PRESSED DOWN HARD ENOUGH TO INSURE THAT THE
PRESSURE PAD COMES INTO FULL CONTACT WITH THE TEFLON COVER EACH TIME.
OTHERWISE THE ENDS OF THE COVERS WILL BURN EACH TIME A SEAL IS MADE.
THE PRESSURE PAD (RUBBER) MUST NOT BE ALTERED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
DEFECTIVE SEALS AND BURNED TEFLON COVER WILL RESULT.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING TEFLON COVER
1. Loosen the screws A & B and pull out defective cover.
2. Place new TEFLON COVER over the SEALING ELEMENT but under the holding strips so
that it covers the element completely and part of the element lugs as shown in sketch.
3. Tighten the screws A & B to a snug fit. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. This will hold the new
cover in place.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REPLACING HEAT SEALING ELEMENT
1. Loosen the 4 screws and remove Teflon cover.
2. Fasten "A" end of the Heat Sealing Element to terminal "Y". Insert screw through "B"
end of the Element and tighten.
3. When tightening screw at terminal "X", be careful not to distort the Heat Sealing
Element. The entire length of the Heat Sealing Element should be parallel to the edge of
the Teflon Glass Tape.
4. Replace the Teflon cover. All screws should be tightened to snug fit. DO NOT OVER
These instructions should be followed carefully, to prolong the life of the Sealing
Element as well as the Teflon cover.
NOTE: The Teflon cover should be replaced immediately if it bums through at any point.
Otherwise, the rubber Pressure Pad will be damaged and require replacement.
|Setting Seal Temperature on Manual Impulse Sealers
1 mil to 6 mil poly bags or heat sealable bags
Also see TROUBLESHOOTING Page
|MORE from Factory
Micro Switch is activated each &
every time the seal arm is
brought down to make a seal on
the bag. They should be
hearing a click each time. (see
there are no loose wires that
would cause the unit to work
intermittently. Check the plug
going into the timer & other
Next check to see if there is play
in the arm of the sealer. If there
is play in the arm it will wiggle
down to not come down evenly
but cockeyed. This will cause
the sealer to act as if it is not
To fix: Lift the seal arm up &
where the arm attaches to the
base at the hinge you will see a
screw or set screw that will
need to be tightened so that the
hinge pin is kept snug in place.
|NEED A FAST ANSWER EMAIL US -- Thank You.